Thursday, April 29, 2010

Now they're actually trying to kill us

In what is likely to be considered a victory for the United Heart Surgeons Association of America (not a real organization) the popular breakfast chain International House of Pancakes (IHOP) has introduced the ultimate in artery-clogging meals:

The "Pancake Stackers" consists of a heap of cheesecake filling, solidly encased by two buttermilk pancakes and topped with a strawberry compote and whipped cream. Total calorie count when combined with their regular "combo" breakfast (which includes 2 eggs, bacon, and hashed browns) runs a whopping 1,250.

The meal also has a sodium content of 2,750 milligrams, which doctors often refer to as "abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous"! (not a real quote)

It does look delicious, though.

Great...now I'm starving!

(This story was adapted from a AP article)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take two (Do they deliver??)

lakezoarian said...

I remember when I used to eat stuff like that...then I got smarter. I also remember when their prices were reasonable. Not any more, and I won't go there, which is a shame because I remember many fond nights rolling in around 2 - 3 AM with a crowd of friends after an evening of clubbing, to thereupon drink numerous pitchers of coffee.

How about that comment above me? Suicide by heart attack.

CT Bob said...

Two sounds good! LOL!

I can't deny it looks yummy, but my days of getting away with eating shit like that are LOOOONG gone!

vagabondblogger said...

I want to go to there!