Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Google chat with Rep. Jim Himes (CT-04) Thursday 2/27

During my visit to DC this week I'll be a guest on a live chat on Google with Congressman Jim Himes. If you have any questions you'd like me to ask, please submit them to me on Twitter @connecticutbob or on Facebook www.facebook.com/connecticut.bob, or via email (futuredv AT yahoo DOT com).

The press release is below:

Himes to Hold “Computer-Side Chat” Google Hangout

WASHINGTON, DC—Congressman Jim Himes (CT-4) will host a “Computer-Side Chat” Thursday at 4:30 p.m. with blogger Bob Adams of http://connecticutbob.com. The Google Hangout will be live-streamed on the Congressman’s YouTube page and can be watched here. Questions can be submitted to the Congressman by commenting on that page.

WHO: Congressman Jim Himes
Bob Adams, Connecticut blogger “CT Bob”
Reporters and constituents welcome to tune in

WHAT: “Computer-side Chat” Google Hangout

WHEN: Thursday, February 27 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.

WHERE: Tune in at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu_cFdWggcI

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim Himes has connected you to his computer-side chat for tomorrow. I am a life-long Democrat and have come to understand that a left-only view is as damaging to US (as in USA) as a right-only view. Your site is IMHO intolerant of any but the arch-left view. Now that I am unemployed as of 14 days ago, I find intolerance of views that might encourage job creation like anti-work-anti-capitalism-anti-employers is foolish. After all...you will not hire me but come capitalist employer will one day.

CT Bob said...

First, I'm very sorry you have lost your job. I know how hard it can be; I was unemployed for 18 months just over 2 years ago, and it was brutal. So hang in there and best of luck.

As far as my far-left leaning goes, I'm probably guilty of exaggeration and using outrageous comments to help spark the conversation back towards the middle. We seem to be bombarded on a daily basis by hateful statements from the right, and so I'm trying to help counter their outlandish claims.

But I'm not anti-work at all, and not anti-capitalism as long as it's done with some concern for the plight of the average citizen. I'm getting tired of people being duped by the crocodile tears shed by the super-wealthy, when much of what we're suffering from now can be traced to legislation they used their power to help enact.

Anyway, if you have a question for Rep. Himes, feel free to ask it here and I'll pass it on tomorrow, but try to keep it short as we'll only have an hour for the hangout.

Unknown said...

Google is impossible to sign into, so here are my questions:

Dodd/Frank is seriously flawed, why not restore the Glass/Steagall act that worked so well till removed by the Clinton Administration, causing the 2008 collapse?

The 1996 Telecommunications Act, a voluminous legislative corporate giveaway, seriously impacted consumers financially, why shouldn’t consumer protection regulations, in place prior to the 1996 Act, be restored?

Unknown said...

Google is impossible to sign into, so here are my questions:

Dodd/Frank is seriously flawed, why not restore the Glass/Steagall act that worked so well till removed by the Clinton Administration, causing the 2008 collapse?

The 1996 Telecommunications Act, a voluminous legislative corporate giveaway, seriously impacted consumers financially, why shouldn’t consumer protection regulations, in place prior to the 1996 Act, be restored?