Tuesday, May 09, 2017

So, today Trump fired the head of the FBI

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this 21st century version of a president who is desperate to keep the dogs at bay.

I can't come up with anything salient or cutting edge because all I can think of are parallels to Richard Nixon.

Nixon, on his worst day, never had less class than Donald Trump on most days.

The bar for being a terrible president has been obliterated by Trump. Nixon was a politician who got caught up in some dumb antics mostly cooked up by his over-zealous group of advisors, and then he doubled down and denied ever being involved. That was bad.

But Trump is profiting from his office in the sleaziest ways possible, and the only reason he's getting away with it so far is that Congress has a majority of impotent yes-men who would gladly surrender their wives and daughters to the president if asked nicely.

Nixon's awfulness has been lessened by comparison.

I have to agree that I'd rather have zombie Nixon's reanimated corpse occupying the Oval Office than that orange weasel we got now!

And this is considering that Nixon is capable of saying stuff like this:

No comments: