Monday, March 19, 2018

Tweeting with the President

We've all seen Trump's relentlessly insipid Tweets. He's tweeted thousands of times since he became an actual political figure. Most of the time he uses Twitter to attack his political foes or to claim credit for the very few things he's accomplished since becoming the de facto leader of the Free World.

I like that he does that. First of all, every Tweet is eventually going to be used as evidence in either an impeachment trial, or in likely dozens of civil and criminal trials that will inevitably happen.

He will probably assist the prosecution in determining his guilt on many issues.

Also, his stream of unedited statements on Twitter gives everyone tremendous insight into his thought process.

And it ain't pretty!

I spent a fair amount of time responding to his tweets early on. It usually starts with him making some outrageous claim or half-baked remark, which I retweeted with with my own comprehensive rebuttal.

After some weeks of this, I realized that this isn't the way to get a response from him.

So I started calling him a dick.

Yes, I know it's silly and juvenile. But it's fun to think that every time I call him a dick and put an "@" mention of his name on the tweet, there's a tiny possibility that he may see it!

Because he does occasionally review his @ mentions, and it makes me feel all warm inside to think that as he scrolls through those mentions, the phrase "You're a dick!" may leap out at him.

As Sun Tzu says, "If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him."

Plus, it saves me tons of time by not trying to reason with him. Just saying "You're a dick" is incredibly freeing and satisfying!


I also like to mix it up sometimes, by incorporating some of what he says in a tweet when I reply. Always with the "@realDonaldTrump" tag on it.


And then there's some of this sort of thing.


But mostly, I try to let him know, each and EVERY day, that...

1 comment:

Bob Symmes said...

I said it before Drumpf was elected, and I'll repeat it now: Drumpf has the potential to do immeasurable damage to both the Republican Party and the country as a whole.

We're merely reaping the bitter seeds of the whirlwind he created.