Monday, June 04, 2007

Finally, Blogger has relented and let me post again!

It took four days, but Blogger.Com finally decided that this blog isn't a "spam blog".

It's about f'ing time!

But what really burns my ass is the fact that they simply yanked my posting privilages without so much as a warning, in what was obviously a mistake. They took faulty intelligence (gathered by a software robot) and acted upon it without any due process or investigation.

Sort of like the Bush administration.

The parallels between Google's anti-spam efforts and Bush's policies are striking:
Both Google and George Bush are willing to suspend people's rights without due process.

Both Google and George Bush draw faulty conclusions from invalid data.

Both Google and George Bush are slow to repair their mistakes.

(In Bush's case, we'll probably NEVER see that!)
So, after four days, I'm back.

I would have liked to have discussed Sen. Lou DeLuca's little escapade with organized crime (allegedly). I would have liked to have commented upon the pre-debate activities in New Hampshire. And I especially would like to have had the opportunity to talk about Tom Allen's brilliant scheme to combat Joe Lieberman's support of his friend and Republican Sue Collins.

But instead, I had to deal with this:

10 comments:

Beau said...

Since you're happy with Blogger, can we at least get your blog hosted at connecticutbob.com instead of blogspot?

Welcome back, anyhow.

CT Bob said...

Thanks; "connecticutbob.com" will automatically redirect you to this blog, so I'm not sure what you mean by hosting it there?

Gabe said...

Welcome back.

Maybe now you will get WordPress?

Melissa said...

I'm with Spaze and Gabe. Wordpress is awesome and I know Spazeboy will help you get it going if you ask. :)

CT Bob said...

I agree that WP is awesome and all, but I still like Blogger (when it works, that is) because it seems that Google searches tend to favor them, giving me a lot more traffic.

Which may be what triggered the anti-spam robot to zap it in the first place!

Connecticut Man1 said...

I have been nailed as a spam Blog. I could post but I had to put a code in to post on my own blog.

Talk about a pain in the butt!

vagabondblogger said...

And I thought you were out sailing. I had problems with blogger several weeks ago and I'm a MAC user. I couldn't post, couldn't preview or anything. I wasn't blocked, but they had been working on some features and Safari users got totally screwed. I downloaded Firefox and have amazing things at my fingertips (literally) now that I did not have with the Safari. I actually don't have to write all of my html anymore, my photos load faster and actually show in the little window and I have a "compose" mode, which I never had before! The Boss Man says, "I told you to get that a long time ago." Blah,blah,blah.

CT Bob said...

I wish I was sailing!

Yeah, I tend to like Firefox.

Beau said...

By hosting at ConnecticutBob.com, all of your permalinks would include www.connecticutbob.com/ instead of ctbob.blogspot.com

This might actually be hurting your google rankings, because some blogs link to you as ctbob.blogspot.com while others link to you at www.connecticutbob.com (I do both, depending on whether I'm linking directly to a post, or just to your main page).

The thing with hosting it all at connecticutbob.com is that you'd have to pay--and your money is better spent on Full Tilt. I'm just a huge nerd.

Anonymous said...

We had the same problem with WordPress over at Undercurrents a few months ago. I think it was the same deal, of some phishing or anti-phishing or whatever software deeming the blog to be either spam or running a scam. It was never entirely clear.

While I like a lot of things about WordPress better, I never had the spam problem with Blogger.