Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Left Nutmeg is going to Denver!

Woohoo!!!

Today the DNC announced the selections to represent each state at the Democratic National Convention in August, and My Left Nutmeg made the cut and will be the one blog from Connecticut.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that the national media will have to deal with a blog called "My Left Nutmeg" being a part of the world-wide stage in Denver. I remember that the entire New York Times editorial staff clutched their collective pearls and were nearly overcome by a fatal case of "the vapors" at the prospect of having to actually repeat that name in print; and they ultimately referred to MLN as "a blog with the name of a person's naughty bits" (or something of that nature).

As we all learned during the incredible 2006 senate contest, bloggers sometimes became the focus of media curiosity. With the expected flood of media at the national convention, we'll almost definitely get to see our blogger rep be interviewed on a cable news network, with the title "from My Left Nutmeg" appearing at the bottom of the screen.

I can't wait!

2 comments:

Sellitman (Kevin) said...

I voted for Connecticut Bob.

I must have had a hanging chad.

CT Bob said...

There ain't enough chads in the world for me to give up a week of prime sailing season to hang out with a bunch of political types. They'll somehow have to manage without me.