Friday, November 05, 2010

Tick Tock

I wonder if the local media is starting to get a little edgy after being sleep-deprived for the better part of three days?

Press release from the Secretary of State's office:
I am getting many phone calls all asking me the same question: when will your office have the official results in the Governor’s race? The answer is, I don’t know.

When we do know, we will notify you.

As of 11:30 a.m. we still have not received the return from Bridgeport. Once the return is received by our office, the data will be entered to our computerized database. Then the result will be tabulated. Then the figures will be double and triple checked to make sure any errors are eliminated. When we are confident that we have a complete and accurate election result, then we will release it to you. Secretary Bysiewicz will not have anything to say until then. I appreciate your patience.

Once again, I cannot tell you right now when this information will be available, but we are hopeful it will be today.

Thank you,

Av Harris
Communications Director
Connecticut Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz
The cynical, evil part of my brain (i.e. - all of it) suspects this may be a delaying tactic to prevent Foley from filing a challenge in court until Monday. This would cause him to lose significant thunder in the press. I won't be terribly surprised if we don't get an announcement until about 4:59PM today.

No comments: