Sunday, January 15, 2012

Occupy Austin


Seeing as I'm down here in Austin for a few weeks for work, I wanted to drop in to Occupy Austin and chat with the volunteers.

Saturday was a perfect day, sunny and around 70 degrees. Downtown Austin is a lovely area, and the Occupy protestors have set up camp on the steps of the Austin City Hall directly in front of Lady Bird Lake.


I spoke to a volunteer named John, who said that the cops have been reasonable, and the city is allowing them to continue, although they DO force them to leave periodically to pressure clean the concrete steps. Fairly mellow vibe, and NO drum circle to give me a headache!


BTW, I walked around the downtown area quite a bit today, and Austin is starting to grow on me. I can't wait until next weekend when I'll get a chance to see some of the music scene Austin is known for.

1 comment:

lakezoarian said...

Click on my name for the antidote to your drum circle agony. With lots and lots of rehearsing, it can be a pleasant experience. Subwoofers on max for this one...