Actually, I was over on FDL, live commenting with the rest of the FireDogs, and had a great time. "Great" in the manner of watching a really awful yet horrifying movie, like "The Ring", except where the ghoulish little girl is played by Fred Thompson.
...and making cynical, yet snarky comments about it. Fun.
Here's a list of conclusions I've deduced about the Republicans:
* There's no tiny bit of the Constitution that's more important than the 2nd AmendmentMy conclusion to the entire evening is this: as a nation, we will be well and truly fucked if ANY one of these guys manages to slither their way into the White House next year! I have no doubt about that whatsoever. Whatever it will take to get a Democrat into the Oval Office, we've got to be prepared to do.
* It's entirely possible to be positioned as both Pro-Life and Pro-Death
* These guys spend a lot of time reading the Holy Bible...like, a LOT
* Republican You-Tubers are possibly the scariest collection of NASCAR rednecks to ever see the inside of a drunken barn dance
* Brown people are the biggest threat to this nation and they must be stopped, even though nobody else is going to pick our lettuce
* Anderson Cooper asked a good question about Rudy's illicit hotel expenses, then meekly accept a lame-assed answer rather than following up with anything interesting
* Taxes will never be increased to pay for this ridiculous war as long as there are countries still dumb enough to lend us money
* I have no doubt that these awful white men are convinced they'll win based solely on their appeal to the batshit crazy segment of the voters
And by that, I mean we have to make sure we win by a large enough margin that there's no way possible the Republicans can steal it from us again. Because if we don't win by a landslide, we'll lose.