Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kucinich on Primary Night

I was very lucky to get a moment to ask Rep. Kucinich (DK2008.COM) a brief question about impeachment at Jillian's Pub where his campaign was set up to watch the returns from the New Hampshire primary. A transcript of the video is below.



I'll have more to post about Primary Night in Manchester in a day or so, but right now I'm down with the flu and it's all I can do to edit this video and make even a bit of sense right now.

I will now return to my regularly scheduled NyQuil coma.
CT Bob: Congressman, what is the biggest obstacle to impeachment in the House currently?

Kucinich: The feeling that there’s a political advantage to the Democrats in letting the president stay in, being unchallenged, and more or less letting the people of the country render a judgement in the November election against all Republicans.

But that’s folly. Because what they’re doing actually is undermining the Constitution. Impeachment is mentioned six places in the Constitution, the founders felt very strongly about a remedy to achieve an effective check and balance.

So I’m gonna persist, and very soon I’ll be introducing articles, it’ll be about a fifty-count charge against the president.

CT Bob: Who is your biggest supporter in the impeachment drive?

Kucinich: The American people.

CT Bob: Very good, thank you Congressman.

No comments: