Monday, January 07, 2008

Pitchforks and torches

Well, I think Fox News is learning a big lesson about political fairness. And that message is:

"Don't fuck with Ron Paul!"

I continue to be amazed at the amount of grassroots and netroots support Paul has generated, and by the fierce loyalty of his followers. I'm not condoning anyone's behavior here, but I do think that Paul's supporters had a valid point against Fox, which they made abundantly clear to both Fox News shill Sean Hannity (below) and GOP operative Frank Luntz (bottom).




This video is from Melissa Bailey's story in the New Haven Independent today. In the comments section I suggested that Luntz's frenzied exclamation would make an appropriate replacement for Fox News's contradictory slogan "Fair and balanced".

Luntz responded to angry Paul supporters with this gem:

“I don’t owe you guys anything”

I dunno about anyone else, but I can't help but feel that Primary season is like Christmas over and over, coming every few days! That, and the fact that the NY Giants won on the road yesterday makes me one happy S.O.B.!

4 comments:

Sellitman (Kevin) said...

I was so happy for Manning. He has taken alot of heat in NY. Nice to see him able to shut the critics down cold. I'd love to see him beat Dallas now!

CT Bob said...

Yeah, Eli has been catching some serious shit from his critics; great to see him show a little composure. Last week's game against the Pats showed that the Giants can play anyone and have a chance. I can't wait until Dallas!

Anonymous said...

what happened to the video?

CT Bob said...

Sometimes, if a video is taped off of the TV, the network can complain to Youtube and get it deleted. That's most likely what happened here. Youtube was compelled to pull the video because of copyright violations.