Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Never Mind The Bollocks

From Colin McEnroe's To Wit (July 3rd):
"Here's the Blog Pistols. The 'sphere is a lot like punk. Its aesthetic explicitly rejects shine and polish and high skill. It prizes rawness and improvisation and poor impulse control. See Daily Kos for details. The whole idea was to overthrow all the values of the mainstream media. And spit on them and kick them..."

"(CT) Bob and Spaze(boy) are not great video editors, but BECAUSE of that, they were, at least at one time, the Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious of the CT 'sphere. When I suggested using Spazeboy as a freelancer, I was thinking of the time he chased Joe Lieberman down a stairwell, filming the whole thing...That was appalling journalism, but it was great blogging. Rawness, rudeness, impudence, combativeness. These are, in McLuhan terms, the message of the blogosphere and internet...."
Wow. Thanks Colin.

I have to say that my inner anarchist is thrilled by the comparison; but my outer middle-aged blogger in desperate need of content sees this as simply an opportunity to have a little fun with Photoshop.

Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, it's the Blog Pistols!

(Filthy lucre? Oh we fairly reek of filthy lucre!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this.

CT Bob said...

I knew you'd love it.

I'm Sid Vicious.