Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Candidates Q each other

MF to OG: I pledged to veto tax increase. Govt spending outpaced personal income. Why do you think taxes on table?
OG: About spending -- restructure government. Focus on reducing spending. Office of fiscal analysis -- deficit of $13B. $3B if spending flat. I am first and foremost about keeping spending flat and directing money to what originally intended for.
MF to TF: Drove textile mill to bankruptcy. Don't do this to CT.
TF: Not true. Plant closed after I left -- misleading. Led co during financial restructuring. Challenge to fix broken business not always successful. Used bankruptcy code without loss of jobs. I learn more from things that haven't done well more than success. More human and better at what we do. I learned about crisis management -- similar to CT

No comments: