Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Have you hit it? Hit it! Hit Send!

Ned Lamont's campaign has a great way for you to stay in touch, by texting "NED" to 83224. They'll send you updates and breaking news, and remind you to vote on August 10th. Just watch this video to see how it's done:



...and, just because I derive way too much pleasure out of embarrassing my friends, here's my buddy Gabe's stellar contribution to the video:

"Have you hit the Send button yet? Have ya hit it? Hit it! Hit Send!"

My cell phone contract is going to expire soon, and my unreasonably stubborn reluctance against joining the world of texting is starting to show signs of weakening. I have the feeling my next phone might have some kind of texting capability.

Do they still sell them fancy-schmancy Blackberries?

I only mention this as a warning, so you and every other driver on the open road can keep an eye out for me as I swerve between the rumble strips on the parkway while frantically attempting to text something totally irrelevant that could easily have waited until I pulled over!

Hmmm...maybe this isn't such a good idea after all...

(...and why does my stupid spell-checker think "texting" ISN'T a word?)

No comments: