Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Night Music Club XXVIII

I wonder if the genius who thought it was a good idea to use that stupid Roman numeral numbering scheme for the Super Bowl loses sleep at night worrying about misplacing a V or X or I in his work?

Because I hate him, and I hate Roman numerals.

But I'm stuck with it for this music series, and I'm stubborn.

So, the hell with it, here's "XXVIII" for ya's!

Nouvelle Vague is a French cover band that plays interesting arrangements of popular songs. Their cover of Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is one of my favorites.

Here's one of Nouvelle Vague's very few produced music videos, doing Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" in the style of French "New Wave" cinema.

Which is what "Nouvelle Vague" means...New Wave.

The video is a bit disappointing, as there is no lip-syncing to the song.

And the girl actually can't dance worth a damn.

But you can still listen to the arrangement and enjoy the song!

No comments: