Monday, April 21, 2008

Dick Cheney & Me

Today I did a full day's work at that very ritzy hotel in New York that I stayed at about a month ago. When I arrived today, I noticed a large compliment of giant black SUVs out front.

Turns out Dick Cheney was staying at the hotel, a day after the Pope left town, so he could hang out and make a few speeches to wealthy corporate types and hold a fund raiser for the only Republican congressman in New York City.

I was working only a floor above his suite (actually, his contingent took over the entire floor) and I don't know if it was my imagination, but I could swear that I could actually feel the waves of concentrated evil emanating from his rooms!

The Sneer is here!

It was weird. The rather elegant surroundings took on a decidedly sinister atmosphere. The air felt heavy with oppression. The ghosts of a thousand dead quails seemed to be squawking somewhere nearby. Sweat trickled down the back of my neck.

I buckled down and finished the job. Because I am, after all, a professional. But I couldn't get out of the city fast enough. I basically ran to Grand Central, and hopped aboard the express back home.

Thank god they had a bar car on that train!

No comments: