Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Maine Blogging

This evening finds me up in lovely Boothbay Harbor, Maine. I had some work in New Hampshire today, and tomorrow morning I'm scheduled to be in Augusta ME, about 40 minutes from here.

So, since I'm staying up in this area tonight, I dropped in at my niece's new restaurant in Boothbay Harbor, the Bridge Street Cafe, conveniently located at the western end of the pedestrian bridge across the harbor. If you're ever in town for breakfast or lunch, drop in and say "Hi" to my niece Sharon and enjoy a reasonably priced meal.

It's about 9:30PM right now, and I'm watching Bob Casey's speech on CNN. I'm trying to catch up on a full-day's missed coverage, so I'll be reading other blogs while the TV drones on. I'll also be checking in on My Left Nutmeg's excellent Convention Coverage, featuring Saziz, Tessa Marquis, Mike Brown, and others. Be sure to drop by and follow the developments!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Boothbay Harbor, but it's been way too long since we went there. Mostly my wife and I would stay on Southport Island at a resort motel that I can't remember the name of.
The last time we were there was 1991, when we had to evacuate inland because of Hurricane Bob. A namesake of yours?
All the restaurant at the motel could offer for food before the evac was bologna sandwiches and we spent most of the night in a local high school gym. Still had a really good time after it all settled down.
Enjoy. It's probably a little chilly up there now but it's such a beautiful place. Lobster at the co-op dock, yummm.
oldswede

CT Bob said...

I wish I could have spent a little more time here. My niece and sister (two people; this isn't West Virginia! Get it? Like I give a shit; they're a solidly red state anyway!) took me for a little tour around the peninsula before supper. Wow, is this place beautiful!

But I had forgotten about the ferocious nature of Maine's insects that fly about and feast on non-native blood! I jumped out of the car and took three pictures; I was bitten six times!

vagabondblogger said...

OMG! I was in Maine, tuesday night & wednesday to have some work done on our '87 VW Van. We stayed in Portland overnight and drove to Harpswell in the morning. Beautiful state - would love to see more of it.

CT Bob said...

Wow, what a coincidence! It was great weather there, that's for sure.