These preemptive police raids against suspected protesters on trumped up or imaginary charges are highly suspect. The search warrants used for the raids are sealed by the police, so the justification for the raids isn't clear.
There's more details from "The Daily Planet Twin Cities", including the fact that one suspected peaceful protester and homeowner was arrested and jailed without charges. MN police may hold someone without charges for up to 36 hours, but that doesn't include weekends or holidays, so this person may be in jail for FIVE days without charges.
Maybe there's time to get him on a plane to Gitmo for some intensive interrogation.
The Daily Planet article also shows a list of items found in the home during the search that could be used for terrorism. Based on the list and the contents of most people's homes, you're all terrorist too. Here's what you can be arrested for and held without charges for up to five days:
* materials to create “sleeping dragons” (PVC pipe, chicken wire, duct tape) to bind people togetherSo, if you take away the buckets of urine, "caltrops", gas mask and homemade shields (which given the nature of the local police, you'll need just to walk down the street without getting gassed or shot with rubber bullets) most homeowners basically have everything else on the list. So does everyone who lives on my street, and in my town, and all over the nation.
* large amounts of urine, including three to five gallon buckets of urine (OK, this one I don't have, but that's because our toilets work)
* wrist rockets
* a machete, hatchet and several throwing knives
* a gas mask and filter (nope, I don't have any of them, either)
* empty glass bottles
* flammable liquids
* homemade caltrops (devises used to disable buses in roads)
* metal pipes
* bolt cutters
* sledge hammers
* repelling equipment
* Kryptonite locks
* empty plastic buckets cut and made into shields
* material for protective padding
* an Army helmet
We apparently live in a nation full of terrorists. Expect a "no-knock" visit from the riot squad any time soon. This is George Bush's America!