Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blumenthal widens lead over McMayhem

Linda McMahon hasn't had a very good October so far. In the last Q-Poll (Sept. 28th) she appeared to have nearly closed the gap with Dick Blumenthal.

Since then, there have been several televised debates, a rally in Milford that brought out mere dozens of supporters, and a colossal gaff when Linda spoke about the minimum wage laws.

Today the Quinnipiac Poll showed Blumenthal has increased his margin back to double digits with a comfortable 54 - 43 percent likely voter lead.

Doug Schwartz from the Quinnipiac Polling Institute is calling Blumenthal "Mr. October", which is the sort of thing that usually annoys me, the way Doug feels he has to comment on his results and make it about him, but in this case it seems to apply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's driving me insane is how negative all of the major campaigns have become. McMahon and Foley have really gotten much uglier than the their rivals.

I have small children. When I'm watching the morning or evening news I feel I must change the channel to protect their young minds from seeing all of this trash. I teach my kids tolerance, and understanding. I teach them that they don't have the right to hurt anyone physically or with their words.

I don't want them seeing these morons tear each other apart over and over.

This douchebagery has to stop and I can't wait for this campaign season to finally end.

Newswede

CT Bob said...

I don't see the discourse getting any more civil when the nation is so polarized on so many issues. Every election now feels like a matter of life or death. I don't remember it ever being like this, even in 2000 when Bush stole that election.