Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You want videos? I gotcher videos right here!

In response to an emailed request for me to repost some of my older, "classic" videos (which you can browse at this link on Youtube), I've agreed to post at least one "classic" video a day through the primary.

What makes a "classic" video classic? Good question. I basically decided that if I made the video, and it's at least a week old, then it's classic enough for me!

So, here's the first in a series of video classics. This was from the State Democratic Convention, when Joe Lieberman squeaked into the nomination with a mere 66.6% of the Delegate's vote. What makes this interesting is that nobody in the crowd really seemed to give a shit. The video featured a bunch of lackluster paid interns walking around with their lame thundersticks looking not so much like they were celebrating, but rather like bored extras killing time while filming a movie featuring zombies.

All of this is set to the extremely boastful tune of Pat Benatar's 80s rock anthem, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". To me, this indicates how over-confident the senator was feeling back then. Joe dared us to hit him with our best shot...well, you got it, Senator. We'll see you next Tuesday.

Oh, and I think I mentioned something about the Senator's voting record during the course of the video...enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"All of this is set to the extremely boastful tune of Pat Benatar's 80s rock anthem, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". To me, this indicates how over-confident the senator was feeling back then."

I hadn't heard that Joe used "Hit Me With Your Best Shot." I'm sure I remember seeing video of Tom DeLay using this song at his campaign rallies and/or victory celebration in 2004. I don't have any of the DeLay video but I would bet that Joe's campaign is using exactly the same arguments used by the DeLay campaign ("noble, principled man unfairly attacked by angry radical leftists," etc.)

Hmm. Just had a mental image of that Joe morphing into Bush video clip followed by a Joe morphing into DeLay video clip.

Anonymous said...

Bob, every time I see one of our videos I find myself saying, "WOW this is the best" until I see your next one and hear myself repeating the same thing...so let me just say, ALL your videos are great and keep up the wonderful work you're doing!!!