Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Today's Roundup

Joe Lieberman is certainly getting out there, eh?

New York Times interview
Situation Room transcript (interview is about 2/3 down)
With Imus this morning
Analysis and commentary always welcome.

And, here's the official word from the CT Dem Chair, Nancy DiNardo
Hartford - “On Wednesday, August 9, the day after the Democratic primary, the party's statewide and congressional candidates held a press conference at which I formally announced my full support for the entire statewide ticket, including Ned Lamont as the Democratic Party's nominee for U.S. Senate. As the chairwoman of the state Democratic Party, I want to assure the members of my party that I not only have endorsed Lamont's candidacy but I am committed to working to ensure his election in November.

As some may be aware, I have known Joe Lieberman for more than 30 years and I have always had the utmost respect and admiration for him. I also appreciate all that he has done for Connecticut and for the state Democratic Party. I was especially proud when he represented Connecticut on the 2000 national ticket as the Democratic vice presidential candidate.

However, in the Aug. 8 primary, state Democrats spoke loudly and clearly. More than 40 percent of them turned out to vote and they decisively chose Ned Lamont over Sen. Lieberman. It is my strong belief that Sen. Lieberman should abide by the wishes of state party members and by the democratic process.

As such, I have asked Sen. Lieberman to drop his plans to pursue his independent candidacy. He respectfully declined my request and said he intends to go ahead with it.”

No comments: