Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lieberman speaks

We are watching Lieberman at the podium now

Your support has sustained my family... made it a much closer race than pundits predicting...on the way down the street, I called Ned Lamont and congratulated him (wild screams and applause here)

As I see it, in this campaign, we just finished the first half, but in the second half, our team, "Team Connecticut" will surge ahead to victory"

Of course disappointed by the result....disappointed not just because I lost but because of the partisan polarization

We will not let this result stand...

I expecrt my opponent will continue to do in the general what he has done in the primary (bloggers say KICK YOUR ASS!) Same old partisan politics that have paralyzed Congress today. I want to provide solutions, not point fingers

I want to make my country a better place to live and work, and with your help I will...a lot of people in this state, not just Ds are angry at the direction in which this country is moving with petty partisanship and bickering in Washington.

...I am fed up too. My friends, in Wash these days, every compromise is surrender...
it's time for our elected leaders to stop playing political games to get things done for the people who are good enough to send us to Washington to serve them.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's on C-Span :
What a sore loser!

Anonymous said...

Sore Loserman!

Anonymous said...

Bust out the Sore Loserman signs. His true colors are shining through.

Anonymous said...

God, I hope he faces Sore Loserman signs at EVERY SINGLE EVENT betweeen now and November.

Anonymous said...

What a classless piece of shit. But I guess we already knew that.

Anonymous said...

LIEBERMAN JUST BLAMED THE HACKING ON LAMONT AGAIN!!!!

Anonymous said...

U.S. Senate - - Dem Primary
724 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 96.79%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned Dem 141,623 51.85
Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 131,491 48.15

Rachel Luxemburg said...

.... an "Independent Democrat"? There is no such thing.

Anonymous said...

Sore Loserman.

Will he concede when Ned beats him in the general, too, or will he not let that result stand, either?

Anonymous said...

NED NEEDS TO THROW DOWN ABOUT THAT!!

Anonymous said...

Still pretwending his site has been hacked. I guess he'll regret that later. The facts are too damning.

Anonymous said...

This will be rememberd as the

"Connecticut.... Fuck YOU!!!"

Speech...


Any word on if he has the nececary signatures for a petitioning candidate?

Anonymous said...

"when it is unhacked"?!?!?

what a rovian republican

Anonymous said...

No kidding. Lieberman gets all the Dem heavy hitters to back him in the primary and then he loses and pisses on them by saying he'll happily try to split the ticket. Some thanks to Clinton, Boxer, and the rest of those chumps for going out on a limb for this shit bird.

Willy Nilly said...

Liberman is not worth a bucket of shit.

Anonymous said...

He's done. About freakin' time. A pathetic, shameless performance worthy of Karl Rove.

Anonymous said...

What an absolute arrogant SOB! The Democratic voters just repudiated him and he has the balls to call himself an "independent Democrat". Sore Loser Joe is disgusting.

Now we know why he didn't want his website up. He was saving its downtime for a half-ass one liner. Sore Loser Joe is beyond disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Clinton better get out there and campaign for Ned!

Boxer better get out there. All of them better get out there.

Anonymous said...

Wow... I was pro-Lamont, but didn't volunteer (I'm in the midwest) or donate (saving my meager powder in other dem races) - but I do believe this colossal dick I'm watching on CSPAN convinced me to donate to Ned -- that'll be my next stop -- and seeing about vacation time in October that I can spend out east.

Anonymous said...

I hope every congress critter gets lots of calls tomorrow that they stand up and support democracy.

The people of Connecticut have spoken, if Joe wanted his own big umbrella, he should have conceded long before today to embrace all the cross party Nutmeggers.

What's the point of exporting democracy abroad if it doesn't work at home?

What's the point of expecting foreigners to embrace American style democracy, if you just keep running to get the result you want.

I really hope there is a strong group statement from all the big dogs of Democratic Party respecting the will of the people and supporting the Democratic candidate they selected.

I hope Joe is getting a phone call right now from Harry Reid telling him he's off the teat. No mo money. No mo Joe.