Thursday, February 21, 2008

My prayer

(Vicki "Lewinsky"?)
Hello God. It's me.

You know I haven't asked you for anything lately. Not even the Giants victory in the Super Bowl (but I suspect those guys did it all by themselves anyway). I've been trying not to bother you with the small stuff.

But yesterday a big story broke, and if you wouldn't mind, would you do me a solid?

Please let this story be true.

Look, that's an easy one. I'm not asking for a frickin' miracle here. Somebody else can win the lottery for all I care. You can cure all the cancer you want or make the lame walk or whatever it is you do for miracles these days.

But just give me this one.

If you do, I promise not to bother you again.

...at least until November.


(FireDogLake looks at this story in this post, along with a bunch more following.)

UPDATE: I just realized that if it turns out McCain was indeed boning this woman, we'll possibly be treated with the spectacle of Joe Lieberman wagging his finger at him from the Senate floor! Holy fucking shit!

(And yes, I'm aware of the irony of asking God for a favor and then lapsing into my usual foulmouthedness in the same post, but anything less and you wouldn't believe that I wrote it.)

8 comments:

vagabondblogger said...

Speaking of Lieberman - you have to check out The Plank at the New Republic - "(Unofficial) Clinton flack Lanny Davis just explained on Fox News that Barack Obama is like Ned Lamont (who, whatever you think of him, won that Democratic Senate primary), and Hillary Clinton is like Joe Lieberman (who, whatever you think of him, refused to abide by the primary result, ran and won as an independent with massive GOP support, and has subsequently endorsed John McCain). Lest anyone miss his meaning, Davis noted that he had been a devout Lieberman booster."

I'm lovin' all of it!

CT Bob said...

That is beautiful!

I'm sure the exquisite irony of his words completely escaped good ol' Lanny.

Sellitman (Kevin) said...

Clintons sex life was and is none of our business. The same goes for McCrusty with one caveat.

McCrusty's bimbo was a lobbyist who curried favors for nookie.

That is the real story.

CT Bob said...

IMNSO if someone espouses "family values" as a vital component of their philosophy, I think it's absolutely fair game for the MSM (and bloggers) to point out their hypocrisies.

But I do agree that the possible influence peddling (whether via nookie or money) is the most egregious betrayal of the public trust.

Anonymous said...

"Nookie"???
I haven't heard anyone use that word in about 30 years!
"Nookie"!!!!!!!
LMAO - over at MyLeftNutmeg they're bashing eachother over the use of the word "pimping"...

I have tears in my ears ...from rolling on the floor laughing my ass off over sellitman.

Sellitman (Kevin) said...

Glad I could amuse.

Nookie, nookie, nookie.

fuzzyturtle said...

the old dude has cheated before.. after all Cindy was the 'other woman' when he was married to his FIRST wife (who mccain unceremoniously dumped under TERRIBLE car accident.. three children later)

only now he probably can't have sex haha.

there's alot more to that article that may come back to haunt him.

CT Bob said...

I'm watching the news right now, and McCain's denials are getting more frantic.

I think this story has legs.