Monday, August 07, 2006

Lieberman's paid workers allegedly indulging in dirty tricks

Local bloggers are reporting instances of vandalism, fraud and theft at various campaign locations. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see Lieberman's people allegedly resorting to these tactics, but then I remind myself that Joe Lieberman is two-faced and considers himself above the will of the Democrats, so it does make a kind of sense.

I really was hoping we wouldn't see a repeat of the dirty tricks, deception, criminal activity, and ethical wrongdoing that was prevalant during the 2000 Presidential campaign, but it looks like we're heading for a repeat of that disaster. We might end up looking like Florida in 2000, or Ohio in 2004. Do you want that?

Please, we need volunteers at ALL the Lamont Campaign offices. There are locations listed with phone numbers a few posts down, or go to nedlamont.com to volunteer.

Because if we sit back now, another election may get stolen. Can we afford any more of these?

From My Left Nutmeg:
Reports coming in from the field tell me that Lamont offices are now asking all volunteers to sign in with photo ID. This in the wake of several incidents in which LieberYouth, posing as volunteers, have commited acts of theft and vandalism.

If you're a real volunteer, the photo ID requirement should not bother you. If you are a low-information LieberYouth, you should know that crimes can be and sometimes are prosecuted.
And then there's this from ConnecticutBLOG:
There are reports of Lieberman people showing up to Lamont offices posing like people wanting to volunteer their time only to disrupt the office. This is a growing trend of Lieberman's people doing all they can to disrupt and intimidate Lamont staffers and supporters.

Disgusting. Here's the report:

Two lieberkids appeared at the Watertown office this morning purporting to be volunteers. The Lamont person was skeptical, gave them some posters to hand out, and they ended up ripped up outside the office.

The Lieberman hit squad were spotted at a Starbucks earlier by a Lamont volunteer who was looking for directions to the Wartertown office. Here's the story.

This (Lamont) volunteer was lost so she stopped at the Starbucks to ask for directions to the Lamont office. So she asks these two nice-looking teenagers where the Lamont office is. One replies, "I don't know, probably in a communist country somewhere."

The volunteer looks down and notices they are wearing Lieberman gear. Same kids that stopped by the office earlier.

Reports of concern are also being reported at Lamont's Norwalk office. There was also a reports of coming in from other areas and I'll follow-up on those stories soon as they might involve the police getting involved.

Lieberman talks about Lamont running a misleading, dirty campaign when the complete opposite is true.

From passing around race-baiting flyers in the African-American communities and lobbyist Richard Goodstein and his band of LieberKidz coordinating an attack on Lamont's event in Meriden (with Goodstein yelling at Lamont's at close range), to Lieberman running more race-baiting radio ads on hip-hop stations over the weekend, sending his people to disrupt things at the Lamont offices, and supporters (or volunteers) of Lieberman attempting to vandalize "The Kiss float" while passing Lieberman material in New Haven Saturday night, Lieberman's campaign has set a new standard for dirty, disgusting campaigning.

You usually see associate these types of dirty tactics from Republicans not Democrats.
Yesterday and early today, I saw Lieberman signs posted illegally on public (state-owned) property. Along many major roads and interchanges. And I've also heard that they plastered an area in my neighborhood with signs on PRIVATE PROPERTY without the owner's permission.

The Lieberman staff has only one goal; to see Joe get 6 more years. Legal issues aren't that important to them, I guess. Disgusting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i predict that this election will be stolen.

Anonymous said...

Bob – Does this new tactic of Lieberman's, and the checking of ID, mean people wanting to volunteer for Lamont need to contact the campaign before they show up?

I was hoping to get down to CT tomorrow, but I hadn't emailed the Lamont campaign yet because I wasn't sure if and at what time I could get there. I was just gonna show up in Hartford. Is that no longer a good plan? Should I email ahead, or call before I leave?

-caia

CT Bob said...

caia, I think you should call before coming, and ask where you could best be utilized. They have offices all over the state, so it would be best to let them know where you're coming from, and get directions to where they want you to go.

Thanks so much! Every volunteer will help with getting the votes, and this thing is WAY too close to assume we'll win without all the help we can get!

Anonymous said...

caia--Please report to the Lieberman HQ, they'll tell you where to go, and thanks for coming in!!!

Anonymous said...

The LiberLitter is out of control. They've got signs all over I-95 and public property from at least New Haven to Stamford. I haven't traveled beyond that.

I hear tonight has been declared "mischief night" for the LieberKidz. Expect to see shaving cream on your Lamont lawn signs.

CT Bob said...

Neal, where did you hear that?

Gee, don't they understand that people sometimes mistake things like shaving cream cans for weapons, and that we have a well-armed and vigilant populace thanks to our Bill of Rights?

They might want to rethink that tactic before some of them get fucked up. I don't see so good at night without my glasses...and I tend to wake up grumpy when I hear noises on my front lawn.

Thecitizen said...

www.joe2006.com's site is down as of 5:55 PM. They did not pay there bill for there website it seems.

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

I have made a Web site about gardner's seven intelligences.

I hope you check it out.

http://seebooks4u.com