Monday, March 31, 2008

Roughing it in Manhattan

As long as I have to be somewhere, it's not a bad place to be.

I was going to call the butler and have him write this blog post, but I think there's something admirable in taking part in some of the simple labors of the common man.

I know what you're thinking:

Obviously this blogging thing is starting to pay off!

Well, not really.

Not at all, actually.

But the job I have in my regular life makes it necessary to spend a week or so in some of the nicer hotels out there. It's not too bad, really.

Especially on those occasions that CT Joyce can join me for a few days. Like now, for instance. Tomorrow she's going to spend the day at the Museum of Modern Art just around the corner.

Although, there are occasionally little miscues that takes a bit of the fun out of the experience.

Like when I mistakenly told her the 8.45 oz. bottle of mineral water was complimentary, but then finding out by reading the mini-bar sheet we're down seven bucks for what amounted to three gulps of room temperature liquid.

Well, suffice it to say, I'm not even going to TOUCH the scotch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Livin' Large Recommendation #1: Spy on the powerful.

vagabondblogger said...

I always take my own- booze, that is. It can be a money (and life) saver!