Sunday, August 06, 2006

Danny Glover talks about Ned Lamont

During a hectic stop at the Hartford campaign office, actor and social activist Danny Glover (pictured above with Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) and Ned Lamont) lent his support to Lamont, and he took a few minutes to talk to me about his reasons. Virginia, the Hartford office coordinator, was instrumental in arranging the interview, and I sincerely thank her for the opportunity.

Danny was clearly tired, having flown in on the red-eye from Vancouver where he's filming a movie with Mark Walhberg called "The Shooter". He was also behind schedule, had several more stops to make, and then catch his flight back to the west coast. Yet, he spent some extremely valuable time speaking to the blogs and allowing me to interview him.

I'm sure you'll notice my new interviewing style; sitting right next to the legendary actor so I'm in the picture with him at all times! Hey, I'll admit I was a little star-struck, and every so often you'll see me looking at the camera; I was checking the video image on the little screen and thinking, "Holy shit! I'm sitting next to Murtaugh!" ("Lethal Weapon" is one of my favorite movies)

It's a long-ish 5 minutes, but his words clearly demonstrate that this campaign isn't simply a local issue; it affects everyone!

No comments: