Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sunday Night Music Club VII

So, I was toolin' around the internets tonight, looking at Youtube videos. I think I started with AndersonScooper's phenomenal video of the crazed protesters at Rep. Chris Murphy's appearance last week, and I ended up watching the "Have You Had Enough?" music video by Rickie Lee Jones and the Squirrel Nut Zippers from the 2006 campaign.

I got to thinking about how amazing and expressive Rickie's voice is, and I remembered a version of the classic "Makin' Whoopee" that she and the inimitable Dr. John (whom I was lucky enough to see play at a New York club) had recorded many years ago. And so, considering it's been a couple of months since I last posted an installment of my extremely intermittent "Sunday Night Music Club", here's the 7th video in this grindingly slow series:

No comments: