Friday, October 16, 2009

another nrbq song

Here's another song off the 30-year old cassette tape of the live radio broadcast of NRBQ playing at Toad's Place. "Honey Hush" is another Big Joe Turner classic; you can listen to NRBQ's cover of "Shake Rattle and Roll" from earlier this week.

In this version, Al Anderson sings (or, more accurately shouts) the lyrics. The Whole Wheat Horns are prominently featured, including an amazing solo by Keith Spring, who literally shreds his saxophone hitting a high wailing level that characterizes this song as a live performance favorite. Enjoy!

5 comments:

lakezoarian said...

Oh Yeah.

...

and nowadays CT's got the DBB horns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwXxC95KFbM

West Haven Bob said...

We're into the musical vein, I see (based on your last few posts....

little bit of a dry well these days, hmmm?

CT Bob said...

Not really, it's more of a time issue.

I'm on the MGAT committee and I'm very busy with that right now; I'm making candidate videos for the local Democrats; I have a brutal fucking cold that's taking it's sweet time to go away; I'm trying to finish my Tea Party video project; and tomorrow I'll be interviewing Ned Lamont at a Genevieve Salvatore fundraiser.

I'd love to post on some of the larger political issues, but right now it's all local election things that are keeping me busy. 18 more days!

Charles said...

Haven't thought about NRBQ in a long time. Thanks for the memories, great posts. :)

First saw them at the Crystal Lake Ballroom in 73 or 4. Maybe 5? My only clear memory is Terry Adams was an absolute wild man on the keyboards. :)

sd10521 said...

Thanks for the taste of the Q, I hope you eventually upload the complete tape you have.