Now, as predictable as the leaves falling in Connecticut, Joe LIEberman has thrust himself into the middle of the issue by whining about the public option. He doesn't know if he can support it, he may vote to support a filibuster, he'll say anything he needs to that will put him on the news. He's been out of it lately, and his ego just won't stand for toiling in Connecticut anonymity without a national audience.
For those who want to make Dodd responsible for LIEberman's behavior, I have a couple of questions:
- Is Dick Durbin responsible for Roland Burris?
- Is Tom Harkin responsible for Chuck Grassley?
- Is Claire McCaskill responsible for Kit Bond?
- Is Jon Tester responsible for Max Baucus?
- Is Harry Reid responsible for John Ensign?
- Is Bob Casey responsible for Arlen Specter?