Sunday, August 22, 2010

Don't Ever Forget

Update: This will re-air on MSNBC Friday 8/27 at 10pm. 
I just watched one of the most riveting hours of television I have ever seen -- Dateline NBC with Brian Williams' behind-the-scenes recollections of the first 5 days of Hurricane Katrina.

I've been an NBC News watcher for as long as I can remember once Walter Cronkite retired. But this show encapsulates why I watch -- it is Brian Williams' role as the conscience of the news division as managing editor of Nightly News that resonates with me. Here is a 2-minute clip -- all that's available right now online. I cannot more strongly recommend going to the Dateline NBC Web site to see the whole thing once it's put online.  It should be required viewing for each and every elected official -- to learn and to pledge that this will never, ever happen to a city in the United State again. Ever. Bravo, Brian Williams and the NBC News team.

No comments: