Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fought the Good Fight

It is a sad night here at Bridgeport. As I told WNPR, I don't know if I can even vote for Dan Malloy. Have I voted for politicians I don't respect? Sure. But this one hurts. The turnout was horrible -- and I have to believe that the mud slinging and crap thrown had a lot to do with that. The apolitical people I talked to had had enough, and I don't blame them.

This proves one thing -- that negative campaigning works -- in spades. That's a sorry fact for our state and the people who care about it who will likely hear nothing about a positive vision for Connecticut between now and November.

Congrats to Kevin Lembo -- the challenge being that we could lose an incredibly effective health care advocate

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally OT but....I'm feeling just the same about the senate race - I feel like we're going to lose a seat just like MA did. Mr. B is running his campaign on his own coat tails, like Ms. Coakley did...

sigh...

Anonymous said...

How about Ned lost because no one likes or trusts him?

cttruth said...

Ned lost on the politics, I saw more negative ads by NED than I did by Schiff and he was the king of negativity. Ned isn't trusted, Ned was not for the working man his management of his company enough was poor. The right DEMOCRAT won again.

Jesse said...

The first two paragraphs of this post took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking.

Anonymous said...

Dempsey Dem

The mud was flowing both ways..It does no one good to get into a playground fight of who said what first.

The truth was that Ned gave as good as he got. To criticize Malloy for the increase in the value of his house rather than acknowledge the spike in the real estate market (or the vaklue of his own house) – to criticize Malloy for the loss of thousands of jobs, rather than recognizing that he created jobs to offset Bush’s recession – to parrot headlines of corruption headlines rather than the headlines and reports clearing Malloy of any wrongdoing – and finally waiting til the last week of the campaign to send out a pair of truly nasty attact ads, one for against Nancy Wyman and one against Malloy. These pieces never even mentioned their candidate except for the legal disclaimer.

The real problem is that 75% of Democrats turned up their noses at both candidates because of the smell of the gutter. The low turnout goes way beyond the ‘I forgot, I was too busy, or the vacation excuse. Every voter in both parties were inundated with tv, radio, mail and phone messages.

What I saw was a “pox on both their houses” syndrome. This is what needs studying.

Having said that, NED LAMONT FOR SENATE 2012!!