Friday, July 24, 2009

I Couldn't Have Said it Better

Two thumbs up -- way up for the piece by Sarah Darer Littman in the Greenwich Time with a look back on the two-faced Joe LIEberman on health care reform:
"What I'm saying to the people of Connecticut, I can do more for you and your families to get something done to make health care affordable, to get universal health insurance."

Caveat emptor. That was Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) on July 7, 2006, when he was a Democrat engaged in a primary struggle with Ned Lamont for the Senate.

Fast forward to June 2009, when we actually have a chance to achieve universal health insurance and Lieberman tells Bloomberg News: "I don't favor a public option because I think there's plenty of competition in the private market."

Do yourself a favor and go read the whole piece -- I think you'll particularly like to learn how much Joey has gotten from the health care industry over the years and how it computes per day of being a Senator.

Sarah -- you go, girl!

2 comments:

CT Bob said...

Wow, look how close we posted our articles! LOL! I'll change mine so your is up on top of the page.

Anonymous said...

Lets pull out all the quotes from canadates and see if they follow through....this isnt just unique to Lieberman