Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lieberman knows where his bread is buttered

From WeWantThePublicOption.com:
Senator Joe Lieberman [OpenSecrets]

Total from health & insurance interests:

$3,308,621


Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT) has made no bones about his opposition to the public option. Lieberman point blank told a Bloomberg News reporter:

"I don't favor a public option, and I don't favor a public option because I think there's plenty of competition in the private insurance market."[1]



And while Sen. Chris Dodd has also gotten contributions from insurance companies, he has stated many times that he is strongly in favor of a public option, as opposed to ol' "Say No Joe"!

2 comments:

CT Bob said...

Jacksmith - listen, while you are welcome to post here, please refrain from wholesale spamming of this website. In the future, please post a short message and a link to the entire screed.

Thank you.

West Haven Bob said...

I don't know jack