Thursday, April 19, 2007

JJB Dinner Menu

On the menu for the big Democratic dinner -

Appetizers: U.S. Reps. Larson, Courtney, DeLauro, and Murphy
Salad: State Party Charwoman Nancy DiNardo
Entree: U.S. Senator and Presidential Candidate Chris Dodd
Dessert: U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

It looks like it'll be an interesting night. I'm bringing my video camera to annoy the party big-wigs (and little wigs, too). And I'll be interviewing as many people as I can.

That is, until they open the bar...then all bets are off.

3 comments:

Picky Eater said...

Last time I was at a party with an open bar was Ned's primary night victory party...I remember going back to the bar something like six times for a really delicious, dangerous drink called a Pearl Harbor (because it sneaks up on you and gets you bombed), remember being up in Kelly's room with other bloggers and some really good booze which I did not even taste, and then I remember nothing...until the next morning I woke up in a hotel room with a bed full of confetti.

I wouldn't mind a repeat of that. :-)

I only get drunk once every few years or so, so I'm not exactly due...but building a drinking game around the speeches at the dinner could be a hoot.

vagabondblogger said...

From what I recall it's not an "open bar." You have to pay for drinks. If it were open, I would ask you to have a drink for me, since I can't go (I did get my invite here in Cairo though.) I'd like a gin and tonic, please. Wait! Did you shell out the big bucks to hobnob with the bigwigs? That might make a difference.

Anonymous said...

Bob, looking forward to your post-dinner post and video. Say, did your camera catch JL lurking from a dark corner of the hall? I think perhaps JL slipped out during the HUGE 45 SECOND STANDING OVATION FOR NED LAMONT, whose campaign for Senate Nancy DiNardo gave such accolades. YUP, NEDROOTS, HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT. What would you folks say, the cheers for Ned were four times those for Speaker Pelosi?