Sunday, April 08, 2007

We were THIS close to "President Pelosi"

Is that Dick Cheney standing behind the President? Via The Raw Story:
Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank (!) of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"
For the record, I'm not in favor of the President or anyone else in the Bush Administration blowing themselves up. I want them to live long, miserable lives (in prison) so they can reflect on their crimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cars just do not sound like a good idea (yet). If you could blow yourself up by incorrectly plugging them in, imagine the destruction in a minor fender-bender.

CT Bob said...

It's probably no more dangerous than filling your auto with gasoline while forgetting to take the cigarette out of your mouth. We know what happens in that case! I've seen the results many times on "Most Amazing Videos"! Bush basically nearly had one of those moments.

fuzzyturtle said...

is Cheney checking out Shrubyas ass in this photo???

HHHHmmmmm....

there's no doubt in my mind the president will find his end in a stupid accident like this.. he'll probably go hunting with Dick, and have toilet paper hanging out of the back of his pants and be mistaken for a white tailed deer. Of course, it will be after he's out of office, which is MOST unfortunate...