Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Sunday Night Music Club III

Beck Hansen broke through with his 1994 album "Mellow Gold". The video for "Loser" mixed media such as Super 8 film and low-res video, and included retro tricks like live action animation and negative images to give it a distinctly non-professional look.

VIDEO REMOVED: Those uptight suckwads at Youtube have pinched the Beck video. Simply search on "Beck Loser" and I'm sure Google will cough up a copy that you can view. (You know, the same fucking thing you USED to be able to see FOR FREE on piece of shit MTV!!!)

I dig Beck's lyrics, which create a sort of music simply by themselves. Just read the first verse to see what I mean:
In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
Butane in my veins and I’m out to cut the junkie
With the plastic eyeballs, spray-paint the vegetables
Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral
Stock car flamin’ with a loser and the cruise control
Baby’s in Reno with the Vitamin D
Got a couple of couches, sleep on the love-seat
Someone came in sayin’ I’m insane to complain
About a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt
Don’t believe everything that you breathe
You get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve
So shave your face with some mace in the dark
Savin’ all your food stamps and burnin’ down the trailer park

Yo. cut it.

Soy un perdedor
I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you kill me?

No comments: