Monday, March 12, 2007

An open invitation to Mike Richter

Seeing as how the blogging community (Maura in particular) reached out to potential 4th Dist. candidate Jim Himes for a "meet & greet" yesterday, I'd like to extend the same courtesy to former NHL goalie Mike Richter, who recently also expressed an interest in running for Chris Shays' seat in 2008.

I resposted an article from Swing State Project via (I think) CTLP about Mike's possible run. There hasn't been much more discussion online that I've been able to find, so if anyone has more info on his potential candidacy, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

In the meantime, I'm sure I can speak for most of the bloggers who were in attendance at Jim's house last night that we'd be delighted for the opportunity to sit down and chat with Mike Richter sometime soon. Feel free to contact me or any of the bloggers about setting something up.

3 comments:

Picky Eater said...

Hear, hear. I've tried to reach Mike Richter myself and have spoken personally to both Nancy DiNardo and Roy Occhiogrosso to let them know that we in the progressive blogging community would love to give him an opportunity to meet with us.

Anonymous said...

Why would Mike Richter make a good congressman. What experiance does he have. He was a great goalie but a few classes at Yale doesnt make you acceptable.

You guys are really desperate for someone to take Shays' seat. Get Lamont to do it, he might win

CT Bob said...

We don't KNOW if Mike Richter would make a good congressman. That's one reason to sit down and chat with him and find out about his background and his thoughts on the issues.

Yes, we think Shays DOES need to be replaced. And no, Ned doesn't seem anxious to go through the campaign process again so soon.