Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for a great many things this year, including the following:

We avoided four more years of Bush!

We sent a new guy to Congress from Connecticut


My wife and I are still employed and have health insurance

Sarah Palin, Sarah Palin, Sarah Palin!


The fact that Barack Obama already seems saner than the last guy

(I just updated this post to include this photo of the Obama family volunteering earlier today)

All my friends and fellow bloggers, who made this year so much fun!

Kirby, who started blogging again!

Spending a lot of time sailing despite a very hectic year


The replacement windows we installed this year, saving precious fuel oil

My new digital camera, which shoots remarkably good video (see below)

These birds, who chowed down on a suet block yesterday:



And most of all, for the first time in many years, I'm thankful for feeling HOPEFUL for the coming year!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Thanksgiving Bob!

Beau said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Joyce. What is Hollywood Bob thankful for?

Anonymous said...

Bob,
Thank you for keeping me laughing through the last two years, particularly after Lamont's loss and this stressful election season.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and your community here.
UptowNYChick

CT Bob said...

Thanks so much, guys! I hope your Thanksgiving was as tasty as mine; I cooked! (and Joyce helped!)

Authentic Connecticut Republican said...

The picture on top.....
is that you with your mom & dad?
They look quite young.

Happy Thanksgiving!

CT Bob said...

LOL! Happy Thanksgiving back atcha...smartass!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. That includes all your faithful followers too. J.C. Sr.

Anonymous said...

Leftovers tomorrow at the office? I am sure Joyce told you they are having "Tree Lighting on the Gree" with free hot chocolate at 5:30...

Hey...wait a minit.
My Word Verification is suspiciously close to "Shithead". Some asshole must be in charge of Blogland Security.

Anonymous said...

Gree = Green.

CT Bob said...

Thanks J.C. sr! Hope you had a good T-day too!

Tessa, yeah we're planning on being down the gree for the annual tree-lighting, with an 80% chance of cocktails afterward. I'll give you a call tomorrow.