- He ran as the vice presidential candidate for the Democratic party
- When he lost the D primary for his Senate seat fair and square, he ran against the Democratic party's nominee -- it wasn't convenient to be a Democrat then.
- When he won re-election to the Senate, largely with Republican support, it was convenient for him to be a D because he had a committee chairmanship on Homeland Security.
- When he could get lots of attention from the media and be fawned over by the Rs, he attacked Obama, cast his lot with McCain and did a lot of the dirty work McCain wouldn't even do. He knew he would get more attention and a prime-time speaking slot at the R convention, not so much the Ds.
- And NOW, according to Politico, unless Harry Reid guarantees the chairmanship of Homeland Security, Joey is going to take his votes and go home -- to the Republican caucus.
It's people like Joe LIEberman that allow bumper stickers like Bob saw yesterday to happen. Shame on you, Joe LIEberman. Shame.