Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lamont congratulates Malloy

From a press release by Lamont's campaign:

Hartford, CT - Businessman and Democratic candidate for governor Ned Lamont released the following statement congratulating Dan Malloy on his Democratic party endorsement at the state convention:

"I want to congratulate Dan on his showing today at the state convention, and on his endorsement by the state party. I also want to thank my supporters for the energy and enthusiasm they brought to Hartford today. But the message today was clear: Connecticut voters are going to choose their nominee in August, and they'll choose their next governor in November. I look forward to continuing to talk directly to voters about my plan to create jobs and move Connecticut forward," said Lamont.

Lamont won 32% of the delegate vote today, more than doubling the amount of delegate support needed to qualify for a spot on the Democratic primary ballot in August.

No comments: