Tuesday, March 17, 2020

My Coronavirus playlist

In addition to the REM song in my previous post, here's some other songs to help you enjoy your social distancing/isolation/quarantine. I'll probably add to it as I think of new songs. In some cases I'm just picking the song based on the title alone.

Okay this is an obvious choice:
Hey Nineteen - Steely Dan



Here's one that is definitely appropriate if you enjoy bars and clubs:
Ghost Town - The Specials



Going along with the undercurrent of apocalyptic social change and basic survival:
Life During Wartime - Talking Heads



Yeah, this was an easy one:
Waiting for the End of the World - Elvis Costello



Although it's about Pompeii being destroyed by Vesuvius, it kind of goes along with the impeding apocalyptic feel of today's situation.
Cities in Dust - Siouxsie And The Banshees



Another obvious one. It's widely known as the theme from "Jackass", but it's called Corona, so...
Corona - Minutemen



...more to come...

No comments: