Thursday, May 20, 2010

Susan Bysiewicz statement

Following this week's ruling declaring her ineligible to serve as Attorney General, Susan Bysiewicz released this statement today:
“While I’m obviously disappointed by the Supreme Court’s ruling, I respect their decision. And while, I’m extremely grateful and honored by the outpouring of support and encouragement that I’ve received, I will not be a candidate for any office in 2010.

Although I won’t be running for office this year, I will be spending every single moment I can working hard for Democrats up and down the ballot this fall. Make no mistake about it, my commitment to the principles and ideals of the Democratic party will never waver.

It's been a great honor to serve the citizens of Connecticut for the past 12 years as Secretary of the State and I am tremendously grateful for all of your support. It has also been a pleasure to visit every town and city across our state and get to know so many wonderful and hard working people. Your friendship has meant the world to me and I look forward to continuing our fight for the values we all share in the days and months ahead."
Let me just say thank you Susan, for your excellent service as Secretary of the State of Connecticut.

No comments: