Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New camera for video blogging

Caffeinated Geek Girl took this picture at last night's screening, showing me holding my favorite thing in the world.

And in my other hand...the new camera!

EL-OH-EL!!!


Anyway, the camera is a very nice Canon GL-2 high-end prosumer video camera, with a 300-page user's manual that I'll be studying for weeks.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to our blog's tip jar; your generous donations are directly responsible for roughly half of that awesome camera. The other half came from satellite dish installations that I did on weekends, and a smaller portion from paid video camera work.

Also, a fellow whom I'll call "Marc", who contributed the great-condition demo model notebook PC, enabled me to spend the money on the camera.

Thank you all very much.

I'll do my very best to make you proud.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture, Bob, I'm glad my donation went to such a worthy cause! I'm so sorry that I couldn't make the screening last night, and I can't wait to see it on December 28th! I also plan to record it on my DVR! Will there be a DVD of the documentary?

ctblogger said...

Oh my! Can't wait to see the videos!

Anonymous said...

It's not the camera, Bob, it's the man who aims the camera.

But, for starters, find out what those two oddballs behind you are plotting....

Connecticut Man1 said...

Is Hollywood Bob going to try and donate the old camera to the Smithsonian or something? lol :)

ctkeith said...

HMMMMMM,
I wonder if State Reps are allowed to bring cameras into the house chamber?

CT Bob said...

Tessa, I'd bet they're up to no good at all.

In fact, they're probably scheming how to trap some poor schlub into running against a powerful and very menacing Rep.

Good luck!

Webz said...

I love those little cameras, we have been using them at work for years. We are just starting to replace them with Sony HDR-FX1s as we transition to HD.