Friday, June 08, 2007

Worser person in the world

Spazeboy has posted a video of Keith Olbermann's nomination of Joe Lieberman for his highly hypocritical photo op/vacation to Iraq, where he got to wear body armor and pretend the war is going well, while the brave American soldiers doing the actual fighting and dying are unable to speak their mind for fear of institutional reprisal. Joe "Nobody wants us out of Iraq more than me!" Lieberman complains that the soldiers weren't completely open and frank with him, even though as a Senator he knows damned well that as active duty military they are forbidden from criticizing their mission or reasons for being deployed.

I guess Joe was disappointed that the soldiers weren't doing backflips out of pure ecstacy for being so lucky to have been deployed in a wonderful country and tasked with spreading democracy among people who are hungry to embrace American traditions. Maybe he was expecting a chorus of praise thanking him for his wonderful "support of the troops".

(And I'm getting pretty fucking tired of the phrase "supporting the troops" being used to justify keeping our military in Iraq indefinitely so they can get picked off like ducks in a shooting gallery. "Support" doesn't mean leaving them in a hostile war zone to die. Why doesn't anyone ever call out those lame warmongers on that?)

7 comments:

fuzzyturtle said...

he's just so f*cking horrible.

I'm still trying to figure out how he got elected. Every time I make fun of my parents and family living in 'Virgil Goode' territory, they mention this schmuck.

:(

Everyone I know who admits to voting for him .. are old racist people (not all old people, just the OMG IMMIGRANTZ!! ones)

We have to get rid of this asshole next time around. No excuses. We stand a better chance because most of his base (from what I can tell) will be dead.

Norphen said...

"And I'm getting pretty fucking tired of the phrase "supporting the troops" being used to justify keeping our military in Iraq indefinitely so they can get picked off like ducks in a shooting gallery. "Support" doesn't mean leaving them in a hostile war zone to die. Why doesn't anyone ever call out those lame warmongers on that?"

Amen, and not only that, nobody ever seems to stop and make the obvious conclusion that the reason so many people want the war to end is because troops are being killed...seems the very definition of "Support." Oh well..I guess it doesn't fit on a ribbon as easily.

P.S. This is Rob, the guy who interviewed you a while back for a Senate Race book I have in the works. Not sure if you remember me, but I've started up a blogspot blog now..and the book's coming along pretty well. Peace.

CT Bob said...

Rob, sure I remember you. What's your blog URL?

Norphen said...

http://norphen.blogspot.com/

Here it is. A little slow lately, but they'll be more stuff up there soon. Movie reviews, politics talk, random amateur music videos from YouTube, all sorts of stuff.

Jay Denari said...

Hi, Bob,

I guess Leibermann's idea of "supporting the troops" is having them get killed FASTER and in larger numbers by starting a war with Iran. He claims striking Iran will stop them from sending folks into Iraq to kill us, but that's contrary to common sense and evidence from ANY nation that gets attacked. Obviously, they'll do MORE of it if we hit them.

He's obviously been imbibing Bush's kool aid in large quantities...

Anonymous said...

"Everyone I know who admits to voting for him .. are old racist people (not all old people, just the OMG IMMIGRANTZ!! ones)"

Well Fuzzy Turtle, I think you need to get out more. I'm 25 and live in Stamford and let me tell you, there are many people my own age who agree with Lieberman.

gta mls listings said...

To anonymous:
well if that is true it is more than alarming.
Julia