Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Big East Primary!

That's what I'm calling it. Today (April 26th) is the day of the Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island primaries. Altogether there are 384 Democratic delegates up for grabs (along with 78 super delegates who are 90% in the bag for Clinton), and 172 Republican delegates to be won.

The Connecticut race is interesting, with recent polls showing Bernie Sanders catching up with Hillary Clinton, although it's likely that Clinton will squeak by in the vote count. No matter, because Sanders needs a landslide to make a significant gain in delegates. All of today's Democratic races award delegates proportionally to the popular vote, so even a 10-point win by Sanders won't gain nearly enough delegates to make a dent in Clinton's lead.

But there's always the chance of a miracle, which is why I'm going to vote in an hour, and I'll be glad that for the first time in a long time I'm able to vote for a candidate I truly believe in...







Donald Trump!








Just kidding!!!!! I know if I did that, a bolt of lightning would zap me the minute I left the polling place!

Speaking of Trump, I take real pleasure in watching the Republican party in it's final death throes, as they thrash around mindlessly seeking a way to block Trump's almost guaranteed nomination.

Trumpenfreude!

Trump is the end result of the conservative media endlessly hammering their viewers with enough ultra-right wing propaganda for the last 20 years to the point where they'll support anyone who agrees with what they've been conditioned to believe! Congratulations Koch brothers, you've managed to destroy the party you were trying to support!

No matter who you like in the primary, get out there and VOTE! It's important, and it doesn't cost you anything other than a few minutes of your time.

No comments: