Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Three Years Old

"Connecticut Bob" (the online presence, not me) is three years old this month! I started this blog in April, 2006.

It all started back on April 5th, when CT Joyce and I went to Naples Pizza and heard Ned Lamont speak for the very first time. That's the night I also met up with a motley collection of bloggers that included CT Blogger, Spazeboy, and Branford Boy.

A whole hell of a lot has happened since them. I became involved in video blogging, thanks largely to CT Blogger, the "Godfather of Connecticut video blogging', and Spazeboy, "the annoying lad in the red hoodie." (if I didn't bring it up, he would have!)

And I started this blog, which to date has 450,000 hits and gains another 1,000 or so every week when things are quiet, and much more if something big is happening.

Thanks go to everyone who contributed content (and money, hint hint), guest posters and commenters, fellow bloggers, Kirby, and everyone else who ever said anything nice about CT Bob. Of course, thanks are also due to the politicians and their staffs who put up with my ridiculous questions and compulsion to make silly videos, and especially Joseph I. Lieberman ("George Bush's Favorite Democrat"), without whom this blog would never have been necessary.

I also want to send a special shout-out to Jane Hamsher of FireDogLake, who's been a role model and helped bring about my political awakening, resulting in this blog.

It's nice for my wife to have someone to blame! (I'm kidding! Joyce adores Jane!)

11 comments:

vagabondblogger said...

Happy Anniversary! I started reading you when Lamont was running. Always enjoy the blog.

CT Bob said...

Thanks VBB! You still over in Cairo?

Beau said...

Happy Birthday CTBob.

Connecticut Man1 said...

ctblogger and I started blogging within a week or so of each other in 2005. (I checked his CONNECTICUTblog archives and compared it to my first Blogs archive) Though we did not know that at the time. I don't know about him, but I was pretty active on message boards on AOL and Yahoo before that. Welcome to the Blogosphere newbie. lol jk

Happy bloggiversary.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congrats to you, CT Bob.

Living and slaving as I do in OH, I have not stopped by in far too long.

Keep up the good fight!
~

Anonymous said...

Congrats CT Bob! Your blog has one of the best mixes of news and humor that I read. Keep up the good work and may you blog for 40 years.

CT Bob said...

Thanks everybody! I truly appreciate the nice comments.

Sellitman (Kevin) said...

Don't forget to thank Al Gore for inventing these here inter-nets. ;)

MIKE said...

CT BOB-

Your great work started in the midst of a great cause. It continues directly from our fine city of Milford, CT to the rest of the world so that the facts of our political matters are kept straight and true and from time to time humorous!

Thanks for all you have done and all that I know that you'll continue to do in the future!

vagabondblogger said...

Yes.

CT Bob said...

Thanks again, folks!