Thursday, June 26, 2008

A noun, a verb, and the word "partisan"

This is, of course, the answer to the question:

"What does Senator Lieberman always use in a sentence?"

My apologies to Sen. Joe Biden for my outright theft of his witty line.

I don't know about you, but every time I hear Joe Lieberman use the word "partisan", I can immediately stop listening at that point and know with certainty that he's referring to someone who doesn't agree 100% with his position.

You can't disagree with Joe Lieberman and NOT be some kind of partisan hack, apparently.

If I had the time, I'd scan through a sample of Lieberman's video footage and save clips of every time he uses the word "partisan". I'll wager that it wouldn't take very long to find 100 unique instances of the senator uttering that word. I'm beginning to think it's sort of a verbal crutch that he uses to give himself time to think of a more suitable answer.

His reaction to the Lieberman Must Go website (see my earlier post) is a prime example. His hired mouthpiece, Marshall Whittman, serves up the senator's response:
“Americans are tired of this type of old petty partisan politics. Sen. Lieberman will continue to put the country’s interests before partisan interests,” said Marshall Wittmann, Lieberman’s spokesman, in response to the site.
Isn't that beautiful? Even that partisan hack Marshall Whittman can't stop himself from spewing out the word TWICE in a single paragraph!

But, on the plus side, it's got to be the easiest thing in the world to be a speech writer for Joe Lieberman:

All you need is a noun, a verb, and the word "partisan"!

3 comments:

Sellitman (Kevin) said...

I'd comment but I know I am too Partisan against Joe to be taken seriously.

CT Bob said...

Don't be so partisan by refraining from posting your partisan comments. That's overly partisan of you and I think it's partisan thinking like this that leads to excessive partisanishness.

(I'm getting extremely silly. I obviously need this vacation.)

Bob Symmes said...

Let the partisans begin!