Saturday, March 20, 2010

If Ned Lamont owned a Toyota...

...he'd be there already!

(get it? because the accelerators stick on Toyotas!)

I'll have more on the debate later, but I put together a quick video (33 seconds) about the traffic which prevented Ned Lamont from getting to the debate until a couple minutes after it started.

This was a great opportunity for a discussion on the transportation problems in the state, but as far as I recall nobody other than Lamont brought it up. I only wish I could have heard what he had on his mind, because he was obviously a bit fired up about it!

Watch and see:



"Ask me about transportation because I'm loaded for bear on that issue!"

That's perfect! Anyone who's been caught in the awful traffic in Connecticut on a Friday night knows exactly how Ned feels!

UPDATE: Brian Lockhart has a list of observations about last night's debate. Here's his first one:
"...Ned Lamont arrived a few minutes late for the event, hosted by WVIT Channel 30, blaming traffic. All that money and Lamont still doesn’t own a hover car or a transporter. What the heck?!"
Heh heh heh...why aren't there flying cars yet, anyway?

2 comments:

oldswede said...

More likely, he would have zoomed right by it.

CT Bob said...

Yeah, they should equip Toyotas with an auxiliary anchor and chain, like a sailboat!