Saturday, October 28, 2006

Joe Lieberman is a Liar

This past Thursday, I attended the Milford DTC meeting (my first) and afterwards I spoke to DTC member James Quish.

Jim was quoted in the October 19th issue of Milford Weekly about Joe Lieberman's phone call to him. From the article:

Jim Quish (on right, with Ned), of Milford, was also a delegate at the Connecticut Democratic (convention) and said that one of the main reasons why he is casting his support for Lamont is because Lieberman, who Quish says personally told him he wouldn't run as an independent if he lost the primary, went back on his word.

"Lieberman called me at my house because he wanted my vote at the convention," said Quish. "He said, 'No Jim, I will not run as an independent if I lose the primary.' He told me there was no way he would do that. I felt betrayed."
I asked Jim about the phone call.

"One of his staffers called me shortly before the convention and asked if Senator Lieberman could speak to me. I was sort of honored that the Senator wanted to talk to me, so I said 'Sure thing.'"

"Joe Lieberman then called and asked for my support at the convention. I told him that I was very much against the war in Iraq, and asked him if we, as a nation, had the choice of what to spend these billions of tax dollars on, what would it be? Maybe a cure for cancer, or ending world hunger? Nobody in their right mind would choose to perpetrate this war."

"Lieberman then said that Hussein was a terrible and ruthless leader who needed to be removed to ensure peace. He also said that we'd start withdrawing troops from Iraq shortly, and we'd be under 100,000 soldiers by Christmas."

"I said that I'd read in the paper that he would run as an independent if he lost the primary, and Joe said, 'No Jim, I will not run as an independent. That was something a Lamont supporter goaded me into saying.'"

Jim said that Lieberman called a second time before the convention trying to get his support. Needless to say, Jim Quish is a thinking Democrat, and he voted for the man he thought would work to stop the insanity in our Federal Government. Ned Lamont.

"No Jim, I will not run as an independent. That was something a Lamont supporter goaded me into saying."

Even BEFORE the Convention, everything was Ned Lamont's fault.

Joe Lieberman is a Liar. How can anyone in Connecticut vote for this man?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob: "Joe Lieberman is a Liar. How can anyone in Connecticut vote for this man?"

I've been wondering the same thing. I think most people just aren't paying attention. Moreover, they don't want to pay attention because they prefer the comfort of illusion to the discomfort of reality.

To those who prefer not to pay attention, Joe has been able to portray himself as one of those "nice," middle-of-the-road Republicrats that the Connecticut electorate seems to prefer.

For an interesting analysis, see:
http://www.mydd.com/story/2006/10/24/224852/71

CT Bob said...

I wish I knew. You can't force good government on people (we learned THAT in Iraq) they have to WANT to have it.

Let's hope more people want GOOD government on Nov. 7th.

Anonymous said...

NY Times editorial doesn't outright call him a liar, but calls Joe shallow with faux moral courage.
UptownNYChick

CT Bob said...

The NY Times has a backbone with the rigidity of a strand of overcooked spaghetti. Someday I'd like them to actually acknowledge the unvarnished truth.

Rob K said...

Joey the Rat lies again.

I can't stomach the sight of that santimonious windbag. He was so shocked, shocked, by the Monica Lewinsky affair, but has nothing to say about the heinous crimes of George W. Bush and company.

Back into the hole, Joe, with the rest of the vermin.

CT Bob said...

I just found something out.

The NY Times endorsed Ned Lamont today.

Did I say something about spaghetti before? Heh heh...I was just...uh...kidding. Yeah, that's it. I was kidding.

D'oh!

(I could have been disingenuous and deleted my previous post, but where's fun in THAT?)

Anonymous said...

GREAT WORK CTBob. Is it possible to network through James Quish to find other delegates that were lied to? I think the more examples like this that the non-politics following public sees, the more they will realize that it's no shoo-in that he's going to caucus Dem if he is elected.

Or maybe he will just self destruct under the weight of his inflated ego and arrogance and melt away into a puddle of green slime.

Today I feel different. Whether it's blood in the water or change in the air, I dunno, but I kinda like it.

Anonymous said...

Any way to contact James Quish and ask him to write a LTTE to the Courant?

CT Bob said...

I'll contact him and see if he'll do that.

CT Bob said...

Heh heh..."comment deleted".

It's funny how the Liebercowards will attack anything but the issue at hand.

I guess it's fine with them that their tarnished hero is a BALD-FACED LIAR!