Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ned Lamont on the issue of Faith


Earlier this evening Ned appeared at the Milford Democrats meeting. There was a big and enthusiastic crowd there, among them my father.

I was kind of surprised that so many people came up to me and said, "You're Connecticut Bob! I love your blog!" Wow, that is amazing! I made sure to tell as many people possible that it's a team effort, with Kirby doing some amazing reporting, along with all the people who submit information via the comments or email. I'm starting to feel like a celebrity!

Of course, I grabbed a handful of KISS buttons from DeanFan and everyone was clamoring for them, so that might have had something to do with my instant celebrity.

Ned saw me after his speech and said "Hi, Connecticut Bob!", and I introduced him to my father with, "Ned, please say hello to Connecticut Dad!". He said some really nice things about me, which made me feel proud.

Ned spoke and frequently had to pause for the crowd to applaud. Ned spoke for about 20 minutes, and afterwards he spent about a half hour meeting and talking with the people. Then he sat for an interview with Shane B. Griffith, from the religious network Office of Radio & Television. They broadcast a show on the CW network on the weekends, but I didn't remember the broadcast times. Email Shane to get info on when the show will be aired at griffiths at ortv-hartford dot org.

So I edited the several questions into a short 4:00 video, because so few of the media asks faith related questions. I didn't have a mic for Shane, so I transcribed and edited his questions for the title cards. I hope you don't mind that I hijacked your interview Shane (and even if he does, he's a Christian; so he HAS to forgive me! LOL!)



And to everyone I met tonight at the Democratic meeting, thanks for the warm welcome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Bob for the pictures and video. You and Kirby are a great team and why wouldn't you be famous...everyone invested in the race is reading your blog, along with all the other great CT bloggers. It's the ONLY way to get the real truth backed up by actual videos!!!!

Great to see a picture of our dad!

Kate said...

I was very impressed by your coverage. I am glad you had a great time.

There were a lot of people there.

Anonymous said...

Dont be Stupid Vote Joe

Anonymous said...

anonymous, I think you got confused because voting for Joe WOULD BE STUPID!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn, I wish I knew Ned would be in Milford. I would have sent my parents over to meet him.